David W. Rogers, age 87, of Fort Jones, CA. passed away peacefully on Sept 9th. 2023.
David was a college graduato of Humboldt State University in Arcata, CA, where he studied Fisheries Biology. He went on to have a long career with the California Department of Fish and Game.
In the middle 1970s, David purchased 10 acres up Shackleford Creek Rd in beautiful Quartz Valley, Fort Jones, CA. He fell the timber on his property, and over the next several years David proceeded to build his dream home, a magnificent log home. He was a natural when it came to gardening and it showed in his well groomed vegetable garden and fruit trees, including a few grape vines.
David had a love for the ocean. In 1986 he finished building a St. Pierre Dory. He and his new wife, Jean, took the Dory through Canadian waters for their Honeymoon. Also aboard was their black lab, Jasmine and their cat Peeker. The following year David took the Dory to Alaska.
Again, Jasmine and Peeker were aboard. Jean flew up to join them and the two of them explored Sitka, Alaska where David spent his early childhood.
David also loved the mountains. He enjoyed hiking, fishing and hunting. There was never a lack of venison in his home, however he also enjoyed hunting bear and elk.
David is survived by his wife Jean, his two daughters Amber and Heather, his granddaughter Morgan and grandson John, and three beautiful great-granddaughters, Reagan, Blair, and Malaya. He also enjoyed being an uncle to his many nieces and nephews.
David was an amazing Man who led an amazing life.
- Brenda Jean MoweryNovember 19, 1968 – November 20, 2023 Brenda Mowery Obituary 55 year old Yreka resident, Brenda Jean Mowery, passed away on November 20, 2023 at Fairchild Medical Center. Brenda was born November 19, 1968 in Oregon to Jim and Linda Carlson. Brenda worked for years as a migrant working, traveling constantly to wherever the work took her… Read more: Brenda Jean Mowery
- Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.April 23, 1944 – November 20, 2023 Robert Aubrey Sr. Obituary Lifelong Siskiyou County resident, Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr., passed away on November 20, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Robert was born on April 23, 1944 in Yreka. At age 15, he lied about his age in order to secure a job at a local lumber… Read more: Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.
- Earl Eugene Joling24 Mar 1935 – 27 Nov 2023 Obituary Earl Joling Sr., longtime Grenada resident, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 27, 2023 in Yreka with his family at his bedside. He was 88 years old. Earl was born on March 24, 1935 in Redlands, California. He was a farmer in… Read more: Earl Eugene Joling
- Carolyn Jane Hill23 Aug 1935 – 17 Nov 2023 Obituary Carolyn Jane Hill passed away peacefully at home on Hospice care on November 17, 2023. Carol was born August 23, 1935 in Marilla, New York to Whitford and Evelyn (Long) Munn, one of six children: Jean, Virginia (Roy), Whitford Jr “Buster”, Richard (Mary), and Onalee (Paul). The… Read more: Carolyn Jane Hill
- Russell Joseph CulpDecember 13, 1947 – November 16, 2023 Russell Joseph Culp, born on December 13, 1947, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 16, 2023. He leaves behind his loving wife of 45 years, Mary Jo Culp; children Tammy Culp, Jeremy Culp (Debbie), and Tiffany Culp; his brother Winston, sister Eleanor, 7 grandchildren, 5… Read more: Russell Joseph Culp