Fuels Treatment Program Bids Announced
Fuels Treatment Program Bid Announcement 2023
The Scott River Watershed Council has posted the bid packet for the Fuels Treatment Program. This Project concentrates on actions that will remove forest fuels within 500 acres of the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) areas and will treat 5.25 miles (an additional 125 acres) of roadside. The goals are to create and connect strategic fuel breaks to reduce the impacts of catastrophic wildfires and decrease possible ember showers within areas of the community at very high risk.
The strategic plan involves:
- ● Tying into the landowner’s responsibility to create a 100’ defensible space.
- ● Adding an additional 500 acres of defensible space.
- ● Treating the 100’ buffer on each side of roads for ingress and egress.
- ● Connecting and enhancing past/ongoing fuel reduction.
- ● Removing dead and dying trees, as well as reducing small to medium-diameter live trees.
- ● Altering the spatial arrangement of trees to prevent crown-to-crown fire spread.
- ● Increasing public and fire personnel safety during evacuation operations.
For more information please contact our Project Manager, Joe Croteau at: (530) 643-1554 or email [email protected]
#millfire Avery Theatre CDF&W CHSRA Copco District Attorney Dunsmuir Dunsmuir Elementary Dunsmuir Wildcats Easter Egg Hunt Etna EtnaCa FERC Forest Service Irongate Junior High Rodeo KCOC klamath Klamath National Forest klamath river Klamath River Dams KNF KRRC Main Street Homestead McCloud Montague Mount Shasta Mt Shasta obituary Rodeo Salmon Scott River Scott Valley Scott Valley Agriculture Water Alliance Siskiyou Siskiyou County Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors Siskiyou District Attorney Office Siskiyou Golden Fair Siskiyou Writers' Club USDA KNF weedca YPD Yreka YrekaCA