Two local ladies have created a program that draws children to the library to read. The McCloud Public Library has a community program that was started three years ago by two local McCloud ladies; Nancy Smith and Eileen Bauer.
“Community Fun at the Library” happens every Tuesday and July 7th is its last day of the season.
Every Tuesday at 10 to 11 AM the McCloud Elementary School children from TK to 7th grade come to the McCloud Library to have a book read to them and do crafts. Each child gets to take home a book to read, a snack, and their craft project. From 11 to 11:45 on Tuesdays is open for community children to do the same.
This program is supported by the library and also the McCloud Community Resource Center.
They also have a summer program as well that will support the children in the summer day camp.
- SISQ ARREST REPORT: February 13th – 19th, 2024The following Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department ARREST, BOOKINGS Report Contains:individuals who are innocent, until the State proves them guilty. Please respect their fundamental human and legal rights. Siskiyou County Arrest Report Statistics: Sheriff’s Office Leads in Bookings The Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office led other law enforcement agencies in total bookings from February 13 to February 19,… Read more: SISQ ARREST REPORT: February 13th – 19th, 2024
- Get Your Well TestedRecently, there have been indicators that suggest there are toxic heavy metals in the Klamath River. If you live on or close to the river, it may be prudent to get your well tested heavy metals and other contaminants as soon as possible. There are a couple labs that can do the work, one in… Read more: Get Your Well Tested
- The War in Ukraine: Main Stream vs Independent mediaOver the past couple of years, I have noticed that there is a distinct difference between the coverage of certain topics, when comparing the major networks to independent journalists and podcasters. The Russia-gate investigation, and then the Twitter Files, which exposed government censorship of social media, are two examples. The war in Ukraine is… Read more: The War in Ukraine: Main Stream vs Independent media
- 850,000 Chinook Salmon Fry Released Into Fall CreekOn Tuesday February 27, 2024 a rumor started circulating. My phone rang and the voice at the other end informed me that “about a million salmon fry were released into Fall Creek”, which empties into the Klamath River. I prefer facts over rumors, so I jumped into my truck and drove up to the shiny-new Fall… Read more: 850,000 Chinook Salmon Fry Released Into Fall Creek
- Winter Travel Advisory for February 29 – March 3, 2024 ***Caltrans District 2 New Facebook Page Caltrans – District 2 REDDING – The National Weather Service is forecasting a significant winter weather system for the Northern California area, starting Thursday and lasting through Sunday. Snow levels are currently forecast to start around 4,500 – 5,500 feet on Thursday and may lower to 1,000 feet or less… Read more: Winter Travel Advisory for February 29 – March 3, 2024