The Siskiyou County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, the Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA) for the Shasta Valley Groundwater Basin, Scott Valley Groundwater Basin and the Butte Valley Groundwater Basins will open an application period to fill vacant seats, starting on December 1, 2023 and closing January 2, 2024. The Board is seeking interested persons to serve on these Groundwater Basin Advisory Committees for the purpose of assisting the GSA in implementation of Groundwater Sustainability Plans (GSP) that were submitted to DWR for each groundwater basin.
Eligibility requirements to serve on either the Shasta, Scott or Butte Valley Groundwater Basin Advisory Committees are:
- Water users with land ownership within the Basin’s boundaries or an authorized appointee from an irrigation/water irrigation district or public water service agency/municipality (may be absentee owner, but currently residing in basin is preferred).
- Representative from Tribe or environmental/conservation entity with water resource experience and knowledge within the Basin
- Willingness to participate in a positive cooperative effort with varying interests Vacant Representative Seats are listed here:
- Butte Valley – Environmental/Conservation
- Butte Valley – Tribal Representative
- Butte Valley – City of Dorris
- Butte Valley – Private Pumper
- Shasta Valley – Private Pumper (West of I5)
- Shasta Valley – Municipal/City
- Scott Valley – Private Pumper
A completed application is required to be submitted no later than January 2, 2024. The Application is available on the County’s home page at: http://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/. (Click on the Public Notices Section – Vacancies
For further information regarding the Shasta Valley, Scott Valley and Butte Valley Groundwater Basin Advisory Committees, please contact the Office of the Siskiyou County Clerk at 842-8084 or toll free at 1-888-854-2000 or by email to: ,[email protected].