Support your local Resource Center during North State Giving Tuesday, now through 8 pm TODAY November 28th! Donate through the North State Giving Tuesday online portal ( Links below). Together we can help more people in need in the community ! Thank you in advance for your donation.
- Get Your Well TestedRecently, there have been indicators that suggest there are toxic heavy metals in the Klamath River. If you live on or close to the river, it may be prudent to get your well tested heavy metals and other contaminants as soon as possible. There are a couple labs that can do the work, one in… Read more: Get Your Well Tested
- The War in Ukraine: Main Stream vs Independent mediaOver the past couple of years, I have noticed that there is a distinct difference between the coverage of certain topics, when comparing the major networks to independent journalists and podcasters. The Russia-gate investigation, and then the Twitter Files, which exposed government censorship of social media, are two examples. The war in Ukraine is… Read more: The War in Ukraine: Main Stream vs Independent media
- 850,000 Chinook Salmon Fry Released Into Fall CreekOn Tuesday February 27, 2024 a rumor started circulating. My phone rang and the voice at the other end informed me that “about a million salmon fry were released into Fall Creek”, which empties into the Klamath River. I prefer facts over rumors, so I jumped into my truck and drove up to the shiny-new Fall… Read more: 850,000 Chinook Salmon Fry Released Into Fall Creek
- Winter Travel Advisory for February 29 – March 3, 2024 ***Caltrans District 2 New Facebook Page Caltrans – District 2 REDDING – The National Weather Service is forecasting a significant winter weather system for the Northern California area, starting Thursday and lasting through Sunday. Snow levels are currently forecast to start around 4,500 – 5,500 feet on Thursday and may lower to 1,000 feet or less… Read more: Winter Travel Advisory for February 29 – March 3, 2024
- TINY HOUSE MOVEMENT: Comes To The Mt Shasta AreaThree weeks ago, on a winter afternoon Pam Newman and Shane McClellan kicked off the first meeting of a group focused on easing issues relating to local affordable housing/shelter. The vision of this group is: To co-create a tiny house community set up in the Mt Shasta area done in an eco-friendly manner to help… Read more: TINY HOUSE MOVEMENT: Comes To The Mt Shasta Area