January 10, 1946 – October 27, 2023
Dick Janson passed away on October 27, 2023; he was 77 years old. Dick was born in Yreka to John and Gladys Janson, who were also Yreka natives. He was a 6th generation Yrekan and spent the majority of his life there. He was a fixture of the community and was loved by many.
After high school, Dick enlisted in the Army where he served three years, including deployment to Korea. After his military service, he attended Western Washington University and received a Bachelors of Science in Mathematics. He then spent a year traveling Europe, meeting up with friends along the way and enjoying several solo adventures- including spending the winter as a ski instructor in Zermatt, Switzerland.
Dick then returned to Yreka where he met and fell in love with his wife of nearly 40 years, Ellen. He spent the remainder of his life completely dedicated to his family- raising his daughters, whom he adored, playing with his grandchildren and enjoying the company of his friends.
Dick is survived by his wife Ellen, his daughters Allison and Amber, his son in law Baird, and his two grandchildren Luke and Mia.
- Brenda Jean MoweryNovember 19, 1968 – November 20, 2023 Brenda Mowery Obituary 55 year old Yreka resident, Brenda Jean Mowery, passed away on November 20, 2023 at Fairchild Medical Center. Brenda was born November 19, 1968 in Oregon to Jim and Linda Carlson. Brenda worked for years as a migrant working, traveling constantly to wherever the work took her… Read more: Brenda Jean Mowery
- Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.April 23, 1944 – November 20, 2023 Robert Aubrey Sr. Obituary Lifelong Siskiyou County resident, Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr., passed away on November 20, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Robert was born on April 23, 1944 in Yreka. At age 15, he lied about his age in order to secure a job at a local lumber… Read more: Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.
- Earl Eugene Joling24 Mar 1935 – 27 Nov 2023 Obituary Earl Joling Sr., longtime Grenada resident, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 27, 2023 in Yreka with his family at his bedside. He was 88 years old. Earl was born on March 24, 1935 in Redlands, California. He was a farmer in… Read more: Earl Eugene Joling
- Carolyn Jane Hill23 Aug 1935 – 17 Nov 2023 Obituary Carolyn Jane Hill passed away peacefully at home on Hospice care on November 17, 2023. Carol was born August 23, 1935 in Marilla, New York to Whitford and Evelyn (Long) Munn, one of six children: Jean, Virginia (Roy), Whitford Jr “Buster”, Richard (Mary), and Onalee (Paul). The… Read more: Carolyn Jane Hill
- Russell Joseph CulpDecember 13, 1947 – November 16, 2023 Russell Joseph Culp, born on December 13, 1947, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 16, 2023. He leaves behind his loving wife of 45 years, Mary Jo Culp; children Tammy Culp, Jeremy Culp (Debbie), and Tiffany Culp; his brother Winston, sister Eleanor, 7 grandchildren, 5… Read more: Russell Joseph Culp