December 28, 1953 – August 23, 2023
Steve Nash passed away on his ranch in Etna, California on the afternoon of August 23, 2023 after a valiant battle with cancer.
How do we pay tribute to the legend? He was something different to each of us. He could do anything: cowboy, cowman, horseman, husband, father and grandfather. Some of his lesser skills included fly fisherman, mechanic, horseshoer and fabricator of anything we wanted built, all of which he did better than most.
Steve is survived by his wife, Dusty, his children Kelli (Casey), Niki (Josh) and Joe (Kathleen), his eight grandchildren (Harli, Ellie, Shayna, Sydni, Creighton, Elsie, Sterling and Emmaleen), two sisters (Sarah and Katie) and two brothers (Chris and Tom).
Born on December 28, 1953, Steve spent most of his childhood in King City, California. After high school, he attended California Polytechnical University, San Luis and earned a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Business. Shortly thereafter, he and Dusty married and moved to Siskiyou County to begin his long career in ranching.
If you would like to make a contribution to the family, in lieu of flowers or monetary donations, please pay tribute the way Steve would have: do what you love, make your family a priority, work hard to earn what you have, value freedom and love God.
If you must put your money somewhere, please consider donating to Madrone Hospice, 255 Collier Circle, Yreka, CA 96097, who were a great support to the Nash family in Steve’s final months.
Steve Nash’s Tribute Book
- Mary Beth CatalanoSeptember 18, 1942 – September 21, 2023 Obituary Longtime Siskiyou County resident Mary Beth Catalano passed away on September 21, 2023 at her home in Mount Shasta. She had just celebrated her 81st birthday on September 18. Mary is survived by her children: Linda Nichols (Brett), Lisa Bennett (Dana) and Jesse Reece; two stepchildren, Terry Barlow (Mike) … Read more
- Lois Eileen SmithAugust 12, 1929 – September 17, 2023 Obituary Lois Eileen Smith (GMa LoLo) at age 94 went to be with our Lord on September 17, 2023. Living with congestive heart failure & atrial fibrillation since 2010, she was still active, lived alone, and drove her car until the age of 91. Lois was born on August 12, … Read more
- Edward Duncan SarmentoApril 6, 1950 – September 14, 2023 Obituary Edward Sarmento passed away peacefully on Thursday, September 14, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Ed was born April 6, 1950 to Edward “Chief” and Betty (Heisinger) Sarmento in Santa Cruz. Ed was raised in San Mateo in the Bay Area. While attending Hillsdale High School, Ed played football, … Read more
- Lawrie Ann SalvestrinJuly 5, 1952 – August 23, 2023 “With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our sister, Lawrie Ann Salvestrin, age 71. Lawrie was born in Weed, California on July 5, 1952, to Fred T. and Cesira Piva Salvestrin. She was a proud graduate of Weed Elementary and Weed High schools and College of the … Read more
- Alan Roy MeyersApril 11, 1957 – September 7, 2023 Obituary Alan Roy Meyers was born April 11, 1957 in Yreka, California. He lived in many places throughout his life including Sacramento, Santa Cruz, and Southern Oregon. He spent the last 35 years in Yreka where he passed on September 7, 2023. He is the firstborn child and only son … Read more