At the end of July with McCloud Lumberjack Fiesta activities which include the Little Logger and Miss Fiesta Pagent, the dance in the park with Wildwoman Sounds, a parade, Axe throwing, horse-drawn wagon rides, children’s water slides, watermelon eating contest, cornhole, horseshoe and softball tournaments, and craft booths, Stephanie Burris will lead the way as the Grand Marshal.
Known as “Mrs. Claus” in December when Santa comes to town, Stephanie has been a strong part of the McCloud community through the years.
Throughout the years, she has given her time to the community of McCloud supporting both the ele
Throughout the years, she has given her time to the community of McCloud supporting both the elementary and high schools volunteering in classrooms, sports activities, and fundraisers, and has mentored students. She is known to assist the elderly around the community and is a strong volunteer when it comes to McCloud events such as the McCloud Easter Egg Hunt, Santa at the Museum, and Victorian Christmas, and Halloween activities. She is often found helping with church fundraisers, food drives, and community cleanups. She has been a member of the McCloud Community Recreation Council for many years which sponsors the McCloud Lumberjack Fiesta.
Stephanie along with her husband Tristan both grew up and graduated in McCloud and are now watching their three children, Kayden, Kayla, and Kayrisa do the same.
President of the McCloud Community Recreation Council and Fiesta Coordinator, Patty Ballard-Faulkner says, “Miss Stephanie has been a huge addition to the MCRC family. Her energy and “Git er done” enthusiasm has been huge in helping me accomplish the tasks that MCRC does. She is a true McCLoudite and I am so fortunate to call her and her family my friends. Stephanie is one of those people that make MCloud the special little town that it is.”
The 2023 76th McCloud Lumberjack Fiesta starts Friday, July 28, at 6 pm at Hoo Hoo Park. For a list of the Lumberjack activities go to the McCloud Community Recreation Council/Lumberjack Fiesta Days on Facebook.
- Water rights reformers scored only a minor victory in the Legislatureby CalMatters, CalMatters Network September 17, 2023 A centerpiece of California’s perpetual political and legal wrangling over allocation of water is the complex array of rights that stretch back to the earliest years of statehood in the 19th century. Simply put, those who claimed water before 1914, when the state assumed legal control, have “senior … Read more
- Gavin Newsom signs law boosting minimum wage for fast-food workers. Is $20 enough?by CalMatters, CalMatters Network September 28, 2023 Stay up-to-date with free briefings on topics that matter to all Californians. Subscribe to CalMatters today for nonprofit news in your inbox. Earning $17 an hour at a Los Angeles Jack-in-the-Box, Anneisha Williams has struggled for years to keep up with rent and bills. The Inglewood native is … Read more
- 7 Million Cubic Yards of Dead Algae and Mud to be flushed out to Sea From PP&L DamsSo How Much Is One Million Cubic Yards? One Million Yards of litter from Californias Roadsides is enough to build two stacks of trash from the Earth’s surface to beyond the International Space Station, 250 miles in orbit. according to the Office of Governor. Here in Siskiyou, a county larger than Connecticut and Delaware with … Read more
- Fire Restrictions lifted on Klamath National ForestForest Service News Release Yreka, Calif., September 28, 2023— Recent weather conditions have lessened the fire danger on the Klamath National Forest, and fire restrictions will be lifted effective September 28, 2023 across the forest.Forest officials stress that the Northern California fire season is not over, and care and common sense must still be used … Read more
- GREAT LEADERSHIP IS THE KEY TO RETAINING GREAT PEOPLE The best way to strengthen your volunteer fire department is through excellent leadership! Learn the skills to help, recruit and retain the best people in your community. The highly interactive course will explore the dynamics of leadership and what the current fire service demands. Continental breakfast both days, lunch on day one included. This training is offered at … Read more
#millfire Avery Theatre CDF&W CHSRA Copco District Attorney Dunsmuir Dunsmuir Elementary Dunsmuir Wildcats Easter Egg Hunt Etna EtnaCa FERC Forest Service Irongate Junior High Rodeo KCOC klamath Klamath National Forest klamath river Klamath River Dams KNF KRRC Main Street Homestead McCloud Montague Mount Shasta Mt Shasta obituary Rodeo Salmon Scott River Scott Valley Scott Valley Agriculture Water Alliance Siskiyou Siskiyou County Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors Siskiyou District Attorney Office Siskiyou Golden Fair Siskiyou Writers' Club USDA KNF weedca YPD Yreka YrekaCA