Source Assembly Woman MEGAN DAHLE NEWSLETTER
|Ahead of this holiday weekend‚ I wanted to provide you with a public service announcement that California’s gas tax will go up 8% this Saturday‚ July 1st. The annual gas tax increase will take effect despite our continued efforts to call on Governor Newsom and our colleagues in the legislature to stop the annual gas tax increase. California is ranked #2 in the highest gas prices in the US. With the continued financial strain facing families across the state‚ we are reaching out to keep you informed of this upcoming price hike in order for you and your family to plan accordingly ahead of any holiday travel. This added expense comes just as a recent survey cited by the Los Angeles Times found that more than 40% of Californians are considering leaving the state‚ and 80% said that they are unhappy with the daily costs associated with living in California. This year‚ AAA estimates that a record breaking 50.7 million Americans are set to travel at least 50 miles from home during the long weekend. If you are planning on traveling for the 4th of July‚ you may want to consider gassing up your vehicles ahead of the July 1st increase. As always‚ we continue to keep you and your family’s well-being at the top of mind while working on your behalf here in Sacramento.|
- Christopher Webb BayukJanuary 30, 1960 – September 26, 2023 Obituary Christopher Webb Bayuk, beloved son and father, passed away on September 26, 2023 at his home in Yreka. We will forever remember him for his sense of humor, endless empathy and kindness. We love you Dad, always and forever.
- Historic Ocean Action: Three Federally-Recognized California Tribal Nations Declare First U.S. Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area Yurok-Tolowa-Dee-ni’ Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area is announced on California Native American Day for the purposes of Indigenous Governance, Stewardship and Management of nearly 700 square miles of ocean and coastal territory and waters Sacramento, CA (September 22, 2023) – It’s an unprecedented day for Indigenous sovereignty and Indigenous-led coastal conservation as three federally-recognized California Tribal Nations announce the Yurok-Tolowa-Dee-ni’ Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area – the … Read more
- Siskiyou Rancher – Outdoorsman – Hunting & Fishing Guides letter To California F&G CommissionCalifornia Fish and Game Commission and Director Bonham, I would like to express concerns about the wolves currently inhabiting California, specifically in Siskiyou County. There are several issues related to these wolves that I believe require the attention of both the Commission and the Department. Given that wildlife is considered a public trust, I firmly … Read more
- Vacancy on the Planning and Service Area 2 (PSA2) Area Agency on Aging Advisory CouncilCounty of Siskiyou Press Release Laura Bynum, County Clerk-Registrar of Voters Date: October 2, 2023 The Siskiyou County Clerk announces that there is one unscheduled vacancy on the Planning and Service Area 2 (PSA2) Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council for a four-year term. The PSA 2 Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council is composed … Read more
- FOREST HEALTH RESEARCH GRANTS SUPPORT CUTTING-EDGE SCIENTIFIC RESEARCHINTO FOREST PRACTICES, MANAGEMENT, AND EDUCATIONGrantee research provides critical information and tools to forest landowners, resource agencies, firemanagement organizations, and policy makers across California CAL FIRE NEWS RELEASE Sacramento – The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL. FIRE) Forest Health Research Program has awarded $5.5 million to support 15 scientific research studies. The results of these studies will … Read more