January 2, 1935 – June 17, 2023
Robert Walter “Bob” Jorgensen, age 88 of Yreka, passed away peacefully at the Madrone Hospice House in Yreka on June 17, 2023. Bob is survived by his three children, Deborah (David) Driver, Ryan (Gayle) Jorgensen, and Dennis (Debbie) Jorgensen; his grandchildren: Amy Jorgensen Bass, Michael Jorgensen, Jessica Driver, Emily Driver, Christopher Jorgensen, Aaron Jorgensen, and Kevin Jorgenstone; great-grandchildren: Destiny, Caleb, Timothy, Madelyn, Skyler, Weston, Sienna, Finn, Liam, Porter, Reya, and Kira; and great-great-grandchildren, Aubree and Shepherd.
Bob was born on January 2, 1935 in a small town in northeastern Nebraska during a dust storm. It was the Great Depression, and his parents, George and Helen Jorgensen, together with his older sister, Irene, moved to Orland, California to find work when Bob was 18 months old. Bob grew up in Orland, and graduated from Orland High School. His father, George, died suddenly when Bob was about 12 years old. Thereafter, his mother, Helen, married Robert Hill and Bob acquired two step-siblings, Don and Betty.
In 1954, Bob moved to Yreka, California, where his stepbrother, Don, was living. Shortly thereafter, at a dance, Bob met the love of his life, Rosalie R. Graves. On January 22, 1955, they married and remained married until Rosalie’s death in December of 2020.
Bob and Rosalie loved to travel after Bob retired from driving truck, and they visited all states in the continental United States in their 5th wheel trailer. They enjoyed many years as snow birds, living approximately 6 months every winter in Arizona where they made many friends from all over the USA and Canada.
In addition to being a wonderful husband, Bob was a great father. He took his family on lots of camping and fishing trips and was a great teacher of all the things he had learned how to do in his life. In 1970, the entire family traveled in a pickup and camper for three weeks across the USA to the State of Illinois, stopping at many historical sites along the way. Stops included Great Salt Lake in Utah, Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, the Badlands and Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, and many others. Such great memories were made!
Bob’s family is grateful to know that he (known as Jorge to many) is now in Heaven with Jesus and has joined Rosalie there. Bob was a devoted husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, great-great-grandfather, son, brother, uncle, and friend to many. He was loved deeply by his family and friends, and will always hold a special place in our hearts forever and ever.
Final Resting Place
15123 Oregon Road
Hornbrook, CA 96044
- Mary Beth CatalanoSeptember 18, 1942 – September 21, 2023 Obituary Longtime Siskiyou County resident Mary Beth Catalano passed away on September 21, 2023 at her home in Mount Shasta. She had just celebrated her 81st birthday on September 18. Mary is survived by her children: Linda Nichols (Brett), Lisa Bennett (Dana) and Jesse Reece; two stepchildren, Terry Barlow (Mike) … Read more
- Lois Eileen SmithAugust 12, 1929 – September 17, 2023 Obituary Lois Eileen Smith (GMa LoLo) at age 94 went to be with our Lord on September 17, 2023. Living with congestive heart failure & atrial fibrillation since 2010, she was still active, lived alone, and drove her car until the age of 91. Lois was born on August 12, … Read more
- Edward Duncan SarmentoApril 6, 1950 – September 14, 2023 Obituary Edward Sarmento passed away peacefully on Thursday, September 14, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Ed was born April 6, 1950 to Edward “Chief” and Betty (Heisinger) Sarmento in Santa Cruz. Ed was raised in San Mateo in the Bay Area. While attending Hillsdale High School, Ed played football, … Read more
- Lawrie Ann SalvestrinJuly 5, 1952 – August 23, 2023 “With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our sister, Lawrie Ann Salvestrin, age 71. Lawrie was born in Weed, California on July 5, 1952, to Fred T. and Cesira Piva Salvestrin. She was a proud graduate of Weed Elementary and Weed High schools and College of the … Read more
- Alan Roy MeyersApril 11, 1957 – September 7, 2023 Obituary Alan Roy Meyers was born April 11, 1957 in Yreka, California. He lived in many places throughout his life including Sacramento, Santa Cruz, and Southern Oregon. He spent the last 35 years in Yreka where he passed on September 7, 2023. He is the firstborn child and only son … Read more