*name pending coroner release
On Wednesday, Jaunuary 24, 2024, at approximately 0827 hours, during hours daylight. The logging truck was traveling southbound on U.S. 97 north of W. Ball Mountian Rd. in a Kenworth log truck at approx. 55 mph. Traveling on a wet roadway with temps were above freezing. The truck drifted on the level and strait section of roadway headed south, traveling through a dirt irrigation ditch. Running into a plowed field where the truck overturned landing on its left side. The driver sustained fatal injuries and was declared deceased at the scene.
If anyone has further information on this collision, please contact the Yreka Area CHP Office (530)842-0530
- CalMatters: Gavin Newsom’s new budget is already leaking red ink as revenues fall behindCalMatter:By Dan Walterscover photo: Gov. Gavin Newsom addresses the media during a press conference unveiling his 2024-25 January budget proposal at the Secretary of State Auditorium in Sacramento on Jan. 10, 2024. Photo by Miguel Gutierrez Jr., CalMatters Credit: Miguel Gutierrez Jr. While Gov. Gavin Newsom gallivants around the country as a campaign surrogate for President Joe… Read more: CalMatters: Gavin Newsom’s new budget is already leaking red ink as revenues fall behindCalMatter:
- California voters will decide on Newsom’s mental health overhaul. How did we get here?Reprint: CalMatters By Jocelyn Wiener Fallout from our state’s long history of breaking promises to people with serious mental illness is everywhere. It can be found under our overpasses and in our tent encampments, but also inside our jails and prisons, our emergency rooms, our schools, our homes. It flashes across our public opinion polls,… Read more: California voters will decide on Newsom’s mental health overhaul. How did we get here?
- CalMatters: Budget blues at the CapitolReprint: CalMatterscover photo: Assembly Speaker Robert Rivas speaks during a floor session at the state Capitol in Sacramento on Jan. 22, 2024. Photo by Fred Greaves for CalMatters In summary The Legislative Analyst’s Office projects the 2024-25 shortfall at $73 billion, putting more pressure on legislators and the governor to find savings. The biggest challenge… Read more: CalMatters: Budget blues at the Capitol
- OPINION: blatant in our face election interferencesuggest we push back with Judicial Watch and/or any other form we can place our hands on. This is a blatant in our face election interference which will be felt outside the city of San Fransico. A few of the decision made at the local level influenced by a commissioner are: City of San Fransico… Read more: OPINION: blatant in our face election interference
- Obituary: H.D. “Dick” SumnerH.D. “Dick” Sumner Obituary Dr. H.D. “Dick” Sumner passed away, peacefully, in his home on February 17, 2024, at the age of 92. Dick was born on July 21, 1931 in Brooklyn, New York, the only child to Dr. Irving Emerson & Erna Margaret Sumner. They relocated to Carmel, California where he spent most of… Read more: Obituary: H.D. “Dick” Sumner