Beware of people who are oblivious to the obvious. People who lose an election, and believe they won. Not based on evidence. But based on what they “feel.”
I am a Conservative. Many Republicans today delude themselves by calling me a RINO (Republican In Name Only). True Conservatives believe in the Constitution, Democracy, and the rule of law. Donald Trump only believes in himself. Every other value, or person is expendable. Don’t believe me? Pay attention when he speaks. Then watch what he does. Do you really believe if you are loyal to him, you are “special.” If that pitch sounds like a cult, it’s because it is. Today there are even people in some churches whose words and deeds imitate Donald more than they do Jesus. Like Donald, they mistake bluster for courage. They need to feel like they are brave. But they hate real courage. Remember when Donald referred to John McCain as a loser because he had been captured when his jet was shot down in Vietnam. Donald hated McCain for possessing something Donald lacks completely: character. When McCain was offered an early release because his father was an Admiral, he declined because it violated the military code of being released in order of capture. Can you imagine Donald turning down that deal? You can’t. Donald is incapable of putting anyone, or any ideal, above himself. To not see that, you might be a bright person. But you have surrendered your common sense.
Listen to him talking code to encourage cowards to make anonymous threats, against prosecutors, judges, witnesses, poll workers, political opponents, journalists, or anyone else he feels threatened by. Republicans stuck on Trump (the real RINO’s) are stuck on stupid. We’ll soon learn if the Party is too.
James Tweed; Ocean City, NJ
- CalMatters: Gavin Newsom’s new budget is already leaking red ink as revenues fall behindCalMatter:By Dan Walterscover photo: Gov. Gavin Newsom addresses the media during a press conference unveiling his 2024-25 January budget proposal at the Secretary of State Auditorium in Sacramento on Jan. 10, 2024. Photo by Miguel Gutierrez Jr., CalMatters Credit: Miguel Gutierrez Jr. While Gov. Gavin Newsom gallivants around the country as a campaign surrogate for President Joe… Read more: CalMatters: Gavin Newsom’s new budget is already leaking red ink as revenues fall behindCalMatter:
- OPINION: blatant in our face election interferencesuggest we push back with Judicial Watch and/or any other form we can place our hands on. This is a blatant in our face election interference which will be felt outside the city of San Fransico. A few of the decision made at the local level influenced by a commissioner are: City of San Fransico… Read more: OPINION: blatant in our face election interference
- Blast From Past: THE DAMS – CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSERThe Septuagenarian Speaks – published November 8, 2018, Siskiyou Daily News “ ‘Curiouser and curiouser!’ cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she forgot how to speak good English.)” I think I know how Lewis Carroll’s fictional character Alice felt back in 1865. I’m trying to look at the current proposals… Read more: Blast From Past: THE DAMS – CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER
- OPINION: Budd-Falen; Really? The End of Democracy as we Know It?Reprint: Tri-State Livestock News Attorney Karen Budd Falen is hopeful that the Supreme Court will act to “pull back the administrative power of the un-elected federal employees.” Really? The End of Democracy as we Know It? The headlines are funny. The U.S. Supreme Court is considering a ruling that may pull back the administrative power… Read more: OPINION: Budd-Falen; Really? The End of Democracy as we Know It?
- OPINION: The Klamath River, A Dam Shamecover photo: COPCO 1, 1.26.24 credit:Jay Martinreprint: editorial printed 2/11/24 Dear State Legislators: The letter to the editor below was written by my good friend, Carol Miller, who is an excellent writer. She’s right on target about the tragedy of the Klamath River Dam system. Although she doesn’t quote any statistics, her facts are correct… Read more: OPINION: The Klamath River, A Dam Shame