Weed / COS – The holiday spirit will be on display at the 26th annual Holiday Craft Fair at the College of the Siskiyous on Friday, December 1, from 5 to 8 p.m., and Saturday, December 2, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Approximately 60 vendors, local and regional, will be selling handmade, home-crafted items perfect for the holiday season or the whole year-round. Whether you are looking for jewelry, woodcrafts, metal art, hand sewn or knitted items, food items and more, there is something for everyone at the COS Holiday Craft Fair.
On Friday, December 1, the Craft Fair will be open to the public from 5 to 8 p.m. Admission is $3 per person. The concession stand will be open and serving hungry patrons. On Saturday, December 2, doors will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission on Saturday is also $3 per person. Santa Claus is also planning to stop by and visit the Craft Fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Attending the COS Holiday Craft Fair is a great opportunity to see your friends and neighbors and start or finish your holiday shopping! This show celebrates the beautiful handcrafted products produced by local and regional artisans and crafters. For more information or if interested in becoming a vendor call the COS Foundation Office at (530) 938-5373 or visit https://www.siskiyous.edu/foundation/events.htm#craftfair.
- Wild Horses Coevolved with Wildfire on The North American LandscapeScience and empirical experience suggest the proper management of wild horses benefits public lands, ranchers and mitigates wildfire Paleontological science and DNA studies have proven that all horses in the world originally evolved on the north American continent millions of years ago. About 1-million years ago, during the time there was a land bridge… Read more: Wild Horses Coevolved with Wildfire on The North American Landscape
- Various Cemetery District Vacancies terms ending in 2028Laura Bynum, Clerk of The Board of Supervisors announces that there are scheduled vacancies on various Cemetery Districts for terms ending January 3, 2028 as follows: Etna Cemetery – 2 vacancies Fort Jones Cemetery – 2 vacancies Happy Camp Cemetery – 2 vacancies Henley-Hornbrook Cemetery – 3 vacancies Lakeview Cemetery – 1 vacancy Picard Cemetery… Read more: Various Cemetery District Vacancies terms ending in 2028
- Siskiyou Land Trust invites you to an evening slideshow: “So Far… Nature Stories and Photos,” by Mount Shasta local Mike HuppThursday, December 77:00 PMMt Shasta Sisson Museum Join us on a visual journey with Mike Hupp as he shares his favorite images and rich natural history from the rivers and open spaces of the American west to the rainforests and rugged coast of Tasmania. Through his photographs, he’ll showcase starry night skies, sublime landscapes, and… Read more: Siskiyou Land Trust invites you to an evening slideshow: “So Far… Nature Stories and Photos,” by Mount Shasta local Mike Hupp
- Brenda Jean MoweryNovember 19, 1968 – November 20, 2023 Brenda Mowery Obituary 55 year old Yreka resident, Brenda Jean Mowery, passed away on November 20, 2023 at Fairchild Medical Center. Brenda was born November 19, 1968 in Oregon to Jim and Linda Carlson. Brenda worked for years as a migrant working, traveling constantly to wherever the work took her… Read more: Brenda Jean Mowery
- Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.April 23, 1944 – November 20, 2023 Robert Aubrey Sr. Obituary Lifelong Siskiyou County resident, Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr., passed away on November 20, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Robert was born on April 23, 1944 in Yreka. At age 15, he lied about his age in order to secure a job at a local lumber… Read more: Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.