September 13, 1938 – October 3, 2023
Mary Patricia “Pat” Cooley passed away at her home in Yreka on Tuesday, October 3, 2023 surrounded by her family. She was born on September 13, 1938 in Wooster, Ohio to Fay and Margaret (Hixson) Dall. She had many fond memories of her grandfather’s farm and her sister and cousins in Ohio. Her dad moved the family to Yreka in 1947 by train to work for his mother-in-law’s brother, Ike Riffel, at Riffel Motors.
Pat went to Yreka schools and graduated from Yreka High School in 1956. After high school, she went to work for Crocker-Anglo Bank. At a bank Christmas party, she met bank manager Charlie Cooley’s son Norman. They were married on May 2, 1959 and were married for 64 years. She stopped working outside the home to raise her family. She was a great cook, seamstress and crafter. She won many blue ribbons and sweepstakes at the Siskiyou Golden Fair.
Pat returned to retail work after her kids were raised. Many people will remember her from T-Shirt Towne, Payless and J.C. Penney. She retired on November 15, 2003. During retirement, she also enjoyed the wildlife around her house, going to hot air balloon fairs, especially riding in the balloons, and going to the coast.
Pat was preceded in death by her infant son Robert, her parents, her brother Butch, and her sister Nancy. She leaves her husband, Norman; son Jim (Wendy) Cooley of Montague; daughter Nanette Cooley of Yreka; grandchildren: Travis (Brittany) Simas of Montague, Josh (Jennifer) Simas of Yreka, Caressa (TJ) McCanna of Yreka, Sarah Cooley of Montague, Andrew Cooley of Montague, Britteny (Kyle Manchester) Cooley of Montague, Jacob Cooley of Grenada, Sam, Angelina and Angela Cooley, all of Montague; and eight great grandchildren. She also leaves her brother James Henry (Janet) Dall of Carson City, Nevada, her brother Andy (Shannon) Dall of Sedona, Arizona, and her cousins, nieces and nephews.
A rosary will be recited on Friday, October 13, 2023 at 7:00 PM at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Yreka. A Mass of Christian Burial will be said at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Yreka on Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 10:00 AM. Burial will follow at Evergreen Cemetery. A reception will be held at the Yreka Elks Lodge following the service.
- Brenda Jean MoweryNovember 19, 1968 – November 20, 2023 Brenda Mowery Obituary 55 year old Yreka resident, Brenda Jean Mowery, passed away on November 20, 2023 at Fairchild Medical Center. Brenda was born November 19, 1968 in Oregon to Jim and Linda Carlson. Brenda worked for years as a migrant working, traveling constantly to wherever the work took her… Read more: Brenda Jean Mowery
- Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.April 23, 1944 – November 20, 2023 Robert Aubrey Sr. Obituary Lifelong Siskiyou County resident, Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr., passed away on November 20, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Robert was born on April 23, 1944 in Yreka. At age 15, he lied about his age in order to secure a job at a local lumber… Read more: Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.
- Earl Eugene Joling24 Mar 1935 – 27 Nov 2023 Obituary Earl Joling Sr., longtime Grenada resident, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 27, 2023 in Yreka with his family at his bedside. He was 88 years old. Earl was born on March 24, 1935 in Redlands, California. He was a farmer in… Read more: Earl Eugene Joling
- Carolyn Jane Hill23 Aug 1935 – 17 Nov 2023 Obituary Carolyn Jane Hill passed away peacefully at home on Hospice care on November 17, 2023. Carol was born August 23, 1935 in Marilla, New York to Whitford and Evelyn (Long) Munn, one of six children: Jean, Virginia (Roy), Whitford Jr “Buster”, Richard (Mary), and Onalee (Paul). The… Read more: Carolyn Jane Hill
- Russell Joseph CulpDecember 13, 1947 – November 16, 2023 Russell Joseph Culp, born on December 13, 1947, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 16, 2023. He leaves behind his loving wife of 45 years, Mary Jo Culp; children Tammy Culp, Jeremy Culp (Debbie), and Tiffany Culp; his brother Winston, sister Eleanor, 7 grandchildren, 5… Read more: Russell Joseph Culp