July 5, 1952 – August 23, 2023
“With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our sister, Lawrie Ann Salvestrin, age 71. Lawrie was born in Weed, California on July 5, 1952, to Fred T. and Cesira Piva Salvestrin. She was a proud graduate of Weed Elementary and Weed High schools and College of the Siskiyous before attending and graduating in 1974 from CSU, Chico with a bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
Lawrie felt lucky to travel with various friends and family to and through western Canada, Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Canyon National Parks, San Antonio, Texas, Hawaii, a cruise to Alaska and a tour of Italy, the country of her Father’s birth. She was a prolific picture taker and had album after album filled with memories of many family gatherings, friends, and her travels both close to home and far afield.
Lawrie had lifelong friends from the Weed formative years and also from her Tehama County social work years. She was actively involved and enjoyed memberships in Daughters and Sons of Italy, Red Hats, and Retired Public Employees Association (RPEA). Lawrie had a long career with Social Services in Tehama County where she showed compassionate care and unique abilities to make life better for the elderly clients.
By all accounts, her many friends, co-workers, and family members remember Lawrie as warm, caring, and sincere with a sweet and cheerful countenance and always wearing a warm smile. She was blessed with young cousins who shared their families’ life events.
Lawrie’s close friends from her Chico years were steadfast in care and support before and throughout her cancer journey. After a three-year brave and strong battle, a metastasized lung cancer took her life on August 23, 2023.
Lawrie’s family is grateful to the care and compassion shown to her by the nursing staff at Enloe’s Oncology, Enloe Hospital, Windsor Chico Creek Care and Rehab, and Butte Hospice. She will be affectionately remembered, greatly missed and ever in our hearts.
Lawrie is survived by siblings Elizabeth, Jeanette and husband Rod, and John and wife Deborah. She will be interred in the family plot in Weed. Any tributes to her memory or other cancer patients could be made to the Enloe Foundation for the new cancer center, or your nearby hospice care.”
“Blair’s Direct Cremation & Burial Services“
- Brenda Jean MoweryNovember 19, 1968 – November 20, 2023 Brenda Mowery Obituary 55 year old Yreka resident, Brenda Jean Mowery, passed away on November 20, 2023 at Fairchild Medical Center. Brenda was born November 19, 1968 in Oregon to Jim and Linda Carlson. Brenda worked for years as a migrant working, traveling constantly to wherever the work took her… Read more: Brenda Jean Mowery
- Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.April 23, 1944 – November 20, 2023 Robert Aubrey Sr. Obituary Lifelong Siskiyou County resident, Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr., passed away on November 20, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Robert was born on April 23, 1944 in Yreka. At age 15, he lied about his age in order to secure a job at a local lumber… Read more: Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.
- Earl Eugene Joling24 Mar 1935 – 27 Nov 2023 Obituary Earl Joling Sr., longtime Grenada resident, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 27, 2023 in Yreka with his family at his bedside. He was 88 years old. Earl was born on March 24, 1935 in Redlands, California. He was a farmer in… Read more: Earl Eugene Joling
- Carolyn Jane Hill23 Aug 1935 – 17 Nov 2023 Obituary Carolyn Jane Hill passed away peacefully at home on Hospice care on November 17, 2023. Carol was born August 23, 1935 in Marilla, New York to Whitford and Evelyn (Long) Munn, one of six children: Jean, Virginia (Roy), Whitford Jr “Buster”, Richard (Mary), and Onalee (Paul). The… Read more: Carolyn Jane Hill
- Russell Joseph CulpDecember 13, 1947 – November 16, 2023 Russell Joseph Culp, born on December 13, 1947, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 16, 2023. He leaves behind his loving wife of 45 years, Mary Jo Culp; children Tammy Culp, Jeremy Culp (Debbie), and Tiffany Culp; his brother Winston, sister Eleanor, 7 grandchildren, 5… Read more: Russell Joseph Culp