May 26, 1964 – September 11, 2023
Daniel Warren Cardoza, age 59, passed away peacefully on Monday, September 11, 2023, at Madrone Hospice Center in Yreka.
Daniel Warren Cardoza was born on May 26, 1964, in San Francisco, California, and was also known as Dad, Babe, Brother, Grandpa, Papa, or Gramps by his family and friends. Dan is survived by his wife, Heidi Cardoza, and his children, Tiffany, Raymond, Travis, Holly, Fallon, and Casey.
Dan was a lover, a provider, a father, and a friend to many. Above all else, Dan was a man who exemplified what it meant to be a family man, a good man. John Wayne once said, “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway,” and Dan fully embodied this quote throughout his life. Dan worked the majority of his adult life as an AT&T installer but was also a well-established mechanic prior to his transition into the company. Dan was what every father should strive to be: a shining example of love, care, compassion, and patience. The love that he gave to all of his children was admirable; his unwavering commitment to his children’s growth, interests, and families was evident throughout his children’s lives. As a father, Dan taught his kids to show compassion and love for family; he was an exceptional man. He showed unconditional love and support for all. Above all else, he loved his family fiercely, and his commitment was beyond measure.
Dan will forever be loved and missed by many. We will miss you forever and love you always.
“To me, Dan was much more than a husband. He calmed my crazy and always knew when I needed a moment; he brought me into crazy, fulfilling life. I will miss you forever and love you always.” – Heidi
- Mary Beth CatalanoSeptember 18, 1942 – September 21, 2023 Obituary Longtime Siskiyou County resident Mary Beth Catalano passed away on September 21, 2023 at her home in Mount Shasta. She had just celebrated her 81st birthday on September 18. Mary is survived by her children: Linda Nichols (Brett), Lisa Bennett (Dana) and Jesse Reece; two stepchildren, Terry Barlow (Mike) … Read more
- Lois Eileen SmithAugust 12, 1929 – September 17, 2023 Obituary Lois Eileen Smith (GMa LoLo) at age 94 went to be with our Lord on September 17, 2023. Living with congestive heart failure & atrial fibrillation since 2010, she was still active, lived alone, and drove her car until the age of 91. Lois was born on August 12, … Read more
- Edward Duncan SarmentoApril 6, 1950 – September 14, 2023 Obituary Edward Sarmento passed away peacefully on Thursday, September 14, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Ed was born April 6, 1950 to Edward “Chief” and Betty (Heisinger) Sarmento in Santa Cruz. Ed was raised in San Mateo in the Bay Area. While attending Hillsdale High School, Ed played football, … Read more
- Lawrie Ann SalvestrinJuly 5, 1952 – August 23, 2023 “With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our sister, Lawrie Ann Salvestrin, age 71. Lawrie was born in Weed, California on July 5, 1952, to Fred T. and Cesira Piva Salvestrin. She was a proud graduate of Weed Elementary and Weed High schools and College of the … Read more
- Alan Roy MeyersApril 11, 1957 – September 7, 2023 Obituary Alan Roy Meyers was born April 11, 1957 in Yreka, California. He lived in many places throughout his life including Sacramento, Santa Cruz, and Southern Oregon. He spent the last 35 years in Yreka where he passed on September 7, 2023. He is the firstborn child and only son … Read more