Siskiyou County Sheriff PRESS RELEASE
*September 12th, 2023
Deputies from the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO) arrested a man at a campground in Hornbrook, CA on Sunday, after he fired his gun and threatened another camper.
At 4:39 PM on Sunday, September 10th, SCSO dispatch received a call from the management team at the R-Ranch in Hornbrook California. The caller reported that a male camper, later identified as William Dean Vaught, had been drinking alcohol and shooting his gun across a walking path in the campground near guests. When confronted about his behavior by another camper, Vaught had allegedly pointed his gun and threatened to shoot.
Upon arrival at R-Ranch, SCSO Deputies contacted Vaught, and with assistance from California Fish & Wildlife and California Highway Patrol Officers, arrested him for brandishing a firearm (417(a) PC) and negligent discharge of a firearm (246.3(a)(1) PC). SCSO Deputies then collected 2 semi automatic weapons along with spent casings as evidence and transported Vaught to the Siskiyou County Jail for booking.
- Water rights reformers scored only a minor victory in the Legislature
- Gavin Newsom signs law boosting minimum wage for fast-food workers. Is $20 enough?
- 7 Million Cubic Yards of Dead Algae and Mud to be flushed out to Sea From PP&L Dams
- Fire Restrictions lifted on Klamath National Forest
- GREAT LEADERSHIP IS THE KEY TO RETAINING GREAT PEOPLE