|Dear Community Partners, |
Liberty Hill Foundation is excited to announce the launch of our new state-wide fellowship program for Environmental Justice leaders—the Environmental Leadership Initiative (ELI).
Applications to apply for the two-year Environmental Leadership Initiative fellowship program will be accepted starting on Monday, September 11, 2023, until Wednesday, October 4, 2023. We welcome applications from individuals who are engaged in environmental movement work across the state of California and who are interested in building networks and deepening their commitment to environmental justice.
The Environmental Leadership Initiative will offer aspiring leaders a transformative experience in Environmental Justice and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about driving positive change in their communities.
|Through a combination of learning modules, collaborative projects, mentorship, and networking opportunities, program participants will deepen their understanding of environmental justice principles, engage in collective movement-building work, and develop the skills necessary to create lasting impact. |
This program is hosted by Liberty Hill Foundation, through the generous support and investment from the Hewlett Foundation and Packard Foundation. We work in partnership with the community-based Advisory Board who have helped shape this initiative.
To learn more about the Environmental Leadership Initiative application or to sign up for an information webinar, please visit our website. You can also view and/or share our ELI Overview document by clicking here.
If you have questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Liberty Hill Foundation
- Christopher Webb BayukJanuary 30, 1960 – September 26, 2023 Obituary Christopher Webb Bayuk, beloved son and father, passed away on September 26, 2023 at his home in Yreka. We will forever remember him for his sense of humor, endless empathy and kindness. We love you Dad, always and forever.
- Historic Ocean Action: Three Federally-Recognized California Tribal Nations Declare First U.S. Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area Yurok-Tolowa-Dee-ni’ Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area is announced on California Native American Day for the purposes of Indigenous Governance, Stewardship and Management of nearly 700 square miles of ocean and coastal territory and waters Sacramento, CA (September 22, 2023) – It’s an unprecedented day for Indigenous sovereignty and Indigenous-led coastal conservation as three federally-recognized California Tribal Nations announce the Yurok-Tolowa-Dee-ni’ Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area – the … Read more
- Siskiyou Rancher – Outdoorsman – Hunting & Fishing Guides letter To California F&G CommissionCalifornia Fish and Game Commission and Director Bonham, I would like to express concerns about the wolves currently inhabiting California, specifically in Siskiyou County. There are several issues related to these wolves that I believe require the attention of both the Commission and the Department. Given that wildlife is considered a public trust, I firmly … Read more
- Vacancy on the Planning and Service Area 2 (PSA2) Area Agency on Aging Advisory CouncilCounty of Siskiyou Press Release Laura Bynum, County Clerk-Registrar of Voters Date: October 2, 2023 The Siskiyou County Clerk announces that there is one unscheduled vacancy on the Planning and Service Area 2 (PSA2) Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council for a four-year term. The PSA 2 Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council is composed … Read more
- FOREST HEALTH RESEARCH GRANTS SUPPORT CUTTING-EDGE SCIENTIFIC RESEARCHINTO FOREST PRACTICES, MANAGEMENT, AND EDUCATIONGrantee research provides critical information and tools to forest landowners, resource agencies, firemanagement organizations, and policy makers across California CAL FIRE NEWS RELEASE Sacramento – The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL. FIRE) Forest Health Research Program has awarded $5.5 million to support 15 scientific research studies. The results of these studies will … Read more