YREKA – The 2023Siskiyou Golden Fair Diaper Derby was provided with two $50.00 gift cards and the derby was divided into two heats and crowned two champions for 2023.
In heat one – Harper Wolf, the 11-month-old daughter of Rose Wolf of Yreka, was the fastest to race across the carpet to victory. Harper appeared to have been training for the competition since learning to crawl a few months ago. Congratulations to Harper, one of our youngest Champions at the 2023 fair.
In heat two – Ellen Munson, the 10-month-old daughter of Dakota Munson of Fort Jones, left the carpet smoking as she made her way to victory by a large margin. Ellen had prepared for the competition by practicing the bear crawl technique and taking regular naps. Since Ellen is 10 months old, she is the 2023 youngest Champion at the Siskiyou Golden Fair. Thanks to all the competitors, I hope you become life-long fairgoers.
- HISTORY: COPCOLAND, IN THE “STATE OF JEFFERSON”cover photo: Copco No. 1 Construction, at Dam Site, looking upstream, 1916 (Source: PacifiCorp Archive) COPCOLAND, IN THE “STATE OF JEFFERSON”originally published June, 2003 in KLAMATH HYDRO PROJECT, FERC #2082, historic context statement… This study was commissioned by PacifiCorp as an element in its Federal Energy Regulatory Commission relicensing process for the Klamath Hydroelectric Project.… Read more: HISTORY: COPCOLAND, IN THE “STATE OF JEFFERSON”
- 850,000 Klamath River Salmon Died From Gas Bubble Disease? MaybeThe ‘River of Death’ continues to earn its title… The California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (CDFW) use of the explanation of ‘gas bubble disease’ to cover the death of the 850,000 fall-run Chinook salmon fry seems questionable in the face the known conditions at Iron Gate Dam (days during & following release from Fall… Read more: 850,000 Klamath River Salmon Died From Gas Bubble Disease? Maybe
- Safeguarding Democracy: The Voter Bill of Rights in Siskiyou CountyPresidential Primary Election – March 5, 2024In March, a total of 4,516 ballots were returned out of the 28,277 ballots that were mailed out in Siskiyou County. This data indicates a return rate of approximately 15.97%, showing the level of voter engagement and participation in the recent election cycle. The high number of returned ballots… Read more: Safeguarding Democracy: The Voter Bill of Rights in Siskiyou County
- DEAD ALREADY! CDFW Salmon Release Failed! cover photo: Juvenile Chinook salmon swim in a raceway at Iron Fish Gate Hatchery, Siskiyou County, Calif., before their relocation to the Fall Creek facility on July 7, 2021. (CDFW Photo/Travis VanZant) Klamath River Conditions Deadly – Still Killing Fish! Siskiyou News writer, William E. Simpson II who lives on the River, called it right in… Read more: DEAD ALREADY! CDFW Salmon Release Failed!
- Keep Our Schools Strong: Urging the District to Save Vital PositionsAttend the board meeting Monday March 4th, 2024Cafeteria-Gold Street School | 321 N. Gold Street Yreka CA 96097here is attached agenda: Special Board Meeting | 03/04/2024 – 06:00 PM “The Yreka Union School District faces major job losses. This affects Evergreen, Jackson St., and Gold St. schools. Please show your support! #SaveOurSchools #Yreka” The resolutions will take… Read more: Keep Our Schools Strong: Urging the District to Save Vital Positions