YREKA – The 2023Siskiyou Golden Fair Diaper Derby was provided with two $50.00 gift cards and the derby was divided into two heats and crowned two champions for 2023.
In heat one – Harper Wolf, the 11-month-old daughter of Rose Wolf of Yreka, was the fastest to race across the carpet to victory. Harper appeared to have been training for the competition since learning to crawl a few months ago. Congratulations to Harper, one of our youngest Champions at the 2023 fair.
In heat two – Ellen Munson, the 10-month-old daughter of Dakota Munson of Fort Jones, left the carpet smoking as she made her way to victory by a large margin. Ellen had prepared for the competition by practicing the bear crawl technique and taking regular naps. Since Ellen is 10 months old, she is the 2023 youngest Champion at the Siskiyou Golden Fair. Thanks to all the competitors, I hope you become life-long fairgoers.
- Christopher Webb BayukJanuary 30, 1960 – September 26, 2023 Obituary Christopher Webb Bayuk, beloved son and father, passed away on September 26, 2023 at his home in Yreka. We will forever remember him for his sense of humor, endless empathy and kindness. We love you Dad, always and forever.
- Historic Ocean Action: Three Federally-Recognized California Tribal Nations Declare First U.S. Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area Yurok-Tolowa-Dee-ni’ Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area is announced on California Native American Day for the purposes of Indigenous Governance, Stewardship and Management of nearly 700 square miles of ocean and coastal territory and waters Sacramento, CA (September 22, 2023) – It’s an unprecedented day for Indigenous sovereignty and Indigenous-led coastal conservation as three federally-recognized California Tribal Nations announce the Yurok-Tolowa-Dee-ni’ Indigenous Marine Stewardship Area – the … Read more
- Siskiyou Rancher – Outdoorsman – Hunting & Fishing Guides letter To California F&G CommissionCalifornia Fish and Game Commission and Director Bonham, I would like to express concerns about the wolves currently inhabiting California, specifically in Siskiyou County. There are several issues related to these wolves that I believe require the attention of both the Commission and the Department. Given that wildlife is considered a public trust, I firmly … Read more
- Vacancy on the Planning and Service Area 2 (PSA2) Area Agency on Aging Advisory CouncilCounty of Siskiyou Press Release Laura Bynum, County Clerk-Registrar of Voters Date: October 2, 2023 The Siskiyou County Clerk announces that there is one unscheduled vacancy on the Planning and Service Area 2 (PSA2) Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council for a four-year term. The PSA 2 Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council is composed … Read more
- FOREST HEALTH RESEARCH GRANTS SUPPORT CUTTING-EDGE SCIENTIFIC RESEARCHINTO FOREST PRACTICES, MANAGEMENT, AND EDUCATIONGrantee research provides critical information and tools to forest landowners, resource agencies, firemanagement organizations, and policy makers across California CAL FIRE NEWS RELEASE Sacramento – The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL. FIRE) Forest Health Research Program has awarded $5.5 million to support 15 scientific research studies. The results of these studies will … Read more