November 6, 1938 – August 10, 2023
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Lynda Sue Barbieri, age 84, of Weed, California. Lynda passed away peacefully in Medford, Oregon. With an ache in our hearts, we say goodbye to our cherished wife, noni, and friend. Known for her love of The Church, her Deli, and hand made blankets and wash towels, Lynda made every day so much brighter, and the pants a little tighter for those around her.
Lynda was born to Allen and Virgie Hill in Dierks, Arkansas on November 6, 1938. The youngest of four sisters, she brought a radiant light into the world. She is preceded in death by her parents, Allen and Virgie Hill, sisters Louise, Virginia and Wanda, as well as her son, David Toms. She is survived by her loving husband of 39 years, Larry Barbieri; son Gene Toms; her grandkids, Colby, Lorinda, Lance and Leah, as well as numerous great grandchildren and many, many friends. Together, we have fondly recalled how Lynda effortlessly put together each holiday dinner. She did so flawlessly. Her doors and cupboards were always open to the friends who would stop by or come to town at a moment’s notice. She thrived in having an open and welcoming home as she raised her sons. Many memories were made and will forever be remembered.
During her life in Weed, Lynda fostered an unwavering sense of community. Whether it was as the owner of The L&L Deli, crocheted half blankets for the residents of Shasta View Nursing Center, or sharing recipes from the Old Country with her family and friends. Her kindness, compassion and talents have touched countless lives.
Lynda’s passing on August 10, 2023 has left a void in our hearts. As we honor her memory, let us remember her grit, work ethic, strength, and the love she had for her family and friends. Let Lynda be a reminder to love fiercely, embrace life’s simple joys, and to appreciate the beauty in each passing day.
Services will be held at the Holy Family Catholic Church at 1051 N. David Avenue in Weed, California at a later date.
Services will be set for a future date to be determined.
- Christopher Webb BayukJanuary 30, 1960 – September 26, 2023 Obituary Christopher Webb Bayuk, beloved son and father, passed away on September 26, 2023 at his home in Yreka. We will forever remember him for his sense of humor, endless empathy and kindness. We love you Dad, always and forever.
- Mary Beth CatalanoSeptember 18, 1942 – September 21, 2023 Obituary Longtime Siskiyou County resident Mary Beth Catalano passed away on September 21, 2023 at her home in Mount Shasta. She had just celebrated her 81st birthday on September 18. Mary is survived by her children: Linda Nichols (Brett), Lisa Bennett (Dana) and Jesse Reece; two stepchildren, Terry Barlow (Mike) … Read more
- Lois Eileen SmithAugust 12, 1929 – September 17, 2023 Obituary Lois Eileen Smith (GMa LoLo) at age 94 went to be with our Lord on September 17, 2023. Living with congestive heart failure & atrial fibrillation since 2010, she was still active, lived alone, and drove her car until the age of 91. Lois was born on August 12, … Read more
- Edward Duncan SarmentoApril 6, 1950 – September 14, 2023 Obituary Edward Sarmento passed away peacefully on Thursday, September 14, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Ed was born April 6, 1950 to Edward “Chief” and Betty (Heisinger) Sarmento in Santa Cruz. Ed was raised in San Mateo in the Bay Area. While attending Hillsdale High School, Ed played football, … Read more
- Lawrie Ann SalvestrinJuly 5, 1952 – August 23, 2023 “With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our sister, Lawrie Ann Salvestrin, age 71. Lawrie was born in Weed, California on July 5, 1952, to Fred T. and Cesira Piva Salvestrin. She was a proud graduate of Weed Elementary and Weed High schools and College of the … Read more