Siskiyou News publisher, ‘Jay Martin’ having a great meal with Peter Thao at Montague’s Asian Bistro.
Mr. Thao is Founder and / CEO of the Hmong-American Advisory Council. Photo credit goes to my wife! It was and is very important to build relationships as a family unit. Culture and tradition is always enlightening.
Source: Business Insider, click the link
An emphasis on fresh, Hmong-produced ingredients was a pull for Mai Vang, who moved to Siskiyou County in far-north California and opened one of the area’s first Hmong-owned restaurants in late 2021. The county, she said, attracted thousands of Hmong Americans for agricultural opportunities, particularly marijuana farming.
“We thought opening up a restaurant serving Hmong food would be a good way to connect with the people here because at that point when we first opened, there was a lot of controversy about who are Hmong people, why are they here, because these areas are a little bit more rural,” she said.Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/hmong-cuisine-culture-philosophy-business-food-industry-renaissance-farming-agriculture-2023-6
It was a wonderful meal and I can not wait to go back..
- HISTORY: COPCOLAND, IN THE “STATE OF JEFFERSON”cover photo: Copco No. 1 Construction, at Dam Site, looking upstream, 1916 (Source: PacifiCorp Archive) COPCOLAND, IN THE “STATE OF JEFFERSON”originally published June, 2003 in KLAMATH HYDRO PROJECT, FERC #2082, historic context statement… This study was commissioned by PacifiCorp as an element in its Federal Energy Regulatory Commission relicensing process for the Klamath Hydroelectric Project.… Read more: HISTORY: COPCOLAND, IN THE “STATE OF JEFFERSON”
- 850,000 Klamath River Salmon Died From Gas Bubble Disease? MaybeThe ‘River of Death’ continues to earn its title… The California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (CDFW) use of the explanation of ‘gas bubble disease’ to cover the death of the 850,000 fall-run Chinook salmon fry seems questionable in the face the known conditions at Iron Gate Dam (days during & following release from Fall… Read more: 850,000 Klamath River Salmon Died From Gas Bubble Disease? Maybe
- Safeguarding Democracy: The Voter Bill of Rights in Siskiyou CountyPresidential Primary Election – March 5, 2024In March, a total of 4,516 ballots were returned out of the 28,277 ballots that were mailed out in Siskiyou County. This data indicates a return rate of approximately 15.97%, showing the level of voter engagement and participation in the recent election cycle. The high number of returned ballots… Read more: Safeguarding Democracy: The Voter Bill of Rights in Siskiyou County
- DEAD ALREADY! CDFW Salmon Release Failed! cover photo: Juvenile Chinook salmon swim in a raceway at Iron Fish Gate Hatchery, Siskiyou County, Calif., before their relocation to the Fall Creek facility on July 7, 2021. (CDFW Photo/Travis VanZant) Klamath River Conditions Deadly – Still Killing Fish! Siskiyou News writer, William E. Simpson II who lives on the River, called it right in… Read more: DEAD ALREADY! CDFW Salmon Release Failed!
- Keep Our Schools Strong: Urging the District to Save Vital PositionsAttend the board meeting Monday March 4th, 2024Cafeteria-Gold Street School | 321 N. Gold Street Yreka CA 96097here is attached agenda: Special Board Meeting | 03/04/2024 – 06:00 PM “The Yreka Union School District faces major job losses. This affects Evergreen, Jackson St., and Gold St. schools. Please show your support! #SaveOurSchools #Yreka” The resolutions will take… Read more: Keep Our Schools Strong: Urging the District to Save Vital Positions
Avery Theatre CDF&W CHSRA Copco Dunsmuir Dunsmuir Elementary Dunsmuir Wildcats Easter Egg Hunt Etna EtnaCa FERC Forest Service Irongate Iron Gate jr high rodeo Junior High Rodeo KCOC klamath Klamath National Forest klamath river Klamath River Dams KNF KRRC Main Street Homestead McCloud Montague Mount Hermon Mount Shasta Mt Shasta obituary Rodeo Salmon Scott River Scott Valley Scott Valley Agriculture Water Alliance Siskiyou Siskiyou County Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors Siskiyou District Attorney Office Siskiyou Golden Fair The Well USDA KNF weedca YPD Yreka