22 Aug 1930 – 15 Mar 2023
Reprint Girdner Funeral Chapel
Lifelong Siskiyou County resident Harold B. Orcutt passed away on March 15, 2023 in Yreka after a short illness. He was 92 years old.
Harold was born on August 22, 1930 in Dunsmuir to Arthur and Mary Orcutt. He grew up in the South County with his six sisters and one brother. He graduated from Mount Shasta High School, then served from 1948 to 1952 in the U.S. Navy as an Aviation Technician. Harold returned to Siskiyou County, where he worked for Pacific Bell Telephone (later AT&T) for 36 years. After his retirement from AT&T, he drove for the Mercy Mount Shasta Hospital Auxiliary for many years, helping get people to their medical appointments.
Harold was very active in the community. He was on the Board of Directors of the Weed Museum, later becoming the curator of the museum. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus and St. Vincent De Paul. Harold was named Weed Citizen of the Year in 2012.
Harold is survived by his wife, Carole; his children: Renee Shelton, Connie Bailey (Jeff), Vickie Flory (Allen), Robert Rivera (Theresa), Richard Rivera, and Veronica Rivera (Becky); 13 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren.
A Celebration of Life will be held on Saturday, April 1, 2023 at 2:00 PM at the Weed Community Center, 161 E. Lincoln Avenue in Weed.
- Water rights reformers scored only a minor victory in the Legislature
- Gavin Newsom signs law boosting minimum wage for fast-food workers. Is $20 enough?
- 7 Million Cubic Yards of Dead Algae and Mud to be flushed out to Sea From PP&L Dams
- Fire Restrictions lifted on Klamath National Forest
- GREAT LEADERSHIP IS THE KEY TO RETAINING GREAT PEOPLE