Diane Lee Christ, 77, beloved mother and friend, passed away after a long
battle with heart disease on July 14, 2023. Diane was born to Patricia Mary
Pedersen and Ralph ”Swede” Kenneth Pedersen on December 2nd, 1945.
Diane was raised in the quaint town of Sausalito, California, near San
Francisco, with her two younger brothers. She first met her future husband
Frank Christ III during a family visit after one of her brothers was born. Frank
remembers her introducing him to “her” new baby. She was three and Frank
was two. Diane loved spending time on the beach and spending time with
family and friends. She made many wonderful memories growing up in
Sausalito. After attending Tamalpais High School, she worked at the local
dime store. Not long after that, she and Frank reconnected and they were
married. They had three children, a son, a daughter (who passed at birth) and
Their little family lived in the Bay Area until they moved to Etna, California in
1983. Diane’s main focus was making forward movement within her spiritual
journey and she enjoyed her tight knit group of friends that she thought of as
family. She expressed herself through poetry, writing and art and she felt a
strong connection to her Norwegian heritage. Diane was a stay at home mom
until she went to work as a receptionist for Dr. Lloyd Coatney. She absolutely
loved all of the patients that came through the office, young and old. She had
many brother and sister-in-laws, along with numerous nieces and nephews
that she considered to be her own. She gained two more children after the
marriages of her son and daughter and in turn was blessed with four
grandchildren, who she loves with all of her heart.
Diane went to heaven surrounded by her family and friends. Her last words
were “I love you” and she is greatly loved in return. She has been missed
beyond measure. She is survived by her husband Frank L Christ III, son Frank
L Christ IV(Mary), daughter Tricia Christ-Stewart, four grandchildren, Parker
and Garrett Stewart and Carleigh and Frankie Christ, along with her two
brothers Ken and Jon Pedersen.
The family invites you to join them for Diane’s memorial service on 11/11/23 at
The Bluebird Inn (A.K.A. the newly renovated Alderbrook Manor) in Etna, Ca.
@ 2:00 PM. Feel free to share special moments and memories.
- Brenda Jean MoweryNovember 19, 1968 – November 20, 2023 Brenda Mowery Obituary 55 year old Yreka resident, Brenda Jean Mowery, passed away on November 20, 2023 at Fairchild Medical Center. Brenda was born November 19, 1968 in Oregon to Jim and Linda Carlson. Brenda worked for years as a migrant working, traveling constantly to wherever the work took her… Read more: Brenda Jean Mowery
- Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.April 23, 1944 – November 20, 2023 Robert Aubrey Sr. Obituary Lifelong Siskiyou County resident, Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr., passed away on November 20, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Robert was born on April 23, 1944 in Yreka. At age 15, he lied about his age in order to secure a job at a local lumber… Read more: Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.
- Earl Eugene Joling24 Mar 1935 – 27 Nov 2023 Obituary Earl Joling Sr., longtime Grenada resident, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 27, 2023 in Yreka with his family at his bedside. He was 88 years old. Earl was born on March 24, 1935 in Redlands, California. He was a farmer in… Read more: Earl Eugene Joling
- Carolyn Jane Hill23 Aug 1935 – 17 Nov 2023 Obituary Carolyn Jane Hill passed away peacefully at home on Hospice care on November 17, 2023. Carol was born August 23, 1935 in Marilla, New York to Whitford and Evelyn (Long) Munn, one of six children: Jean, Virginia (Roy), Whitford Jr “Buster”, Richard (Mary), and Onalee (Paul). The… Read more: Carolyn Jane Hill
- Russell Joseph CulpDecember 13, 1947 – November 16, 2023 Russell Joseph Culp, born on December 13, 1947, peacefully left this earth to be with the Lord on November 16, 2023. He leaves behind his loving wife of 45 years, Mary Jo Culp; children Tammy Culp, Jeremy Culp (Debbie), and Tiffany Culp; his brother Winston, sister Eleanor, 7 grandchildren, 5… Read more: Russell Joseph Culp