The Red Scarf Society for the Performing Arts is delighted announce a return virtuoso performance of concert violinist and recording artist, Kinga Augustyn to Yreka for an evening performance at St. Marks Preservation Square, 304 Lane Street, Yreka, Saturday, November 4thth, 7:00 PM, doors will open at 6:30. Again, she will be sharing the stage with pianist Alexander Tutunov.
The evening’s program will feature selections from Johannes Brahms, Henry Wieniawski, Peter Tchaikovsky, Bela Bartok, Pablo de Sarasate and others.
Ms. Augustyn is a Polish-American versatile New York City based virtuoso concert violinist and recording artist. She studied at The Juilliard School and earned there both her Bachelor’s and the Master’s degrees. She also holds a doctorate from’s Stony Brook University. She has performed as a soloist with orchestras in the United States, Europe and Asia. She has toured China and performed at China’s most prestigious venues. Other venues she has appeared at as a recitalist or chamber musician include both the Stern Auditorium and the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall, Alice Tully Hall, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Aspen Music Festival, the Chicago Cultural Center and, most recently, Teatro Ristori in Verona, Italy.
Alexander Tutunov is a professor of piano and artist in residence at Southern Oregon University. He has a busy performing schedule in Europe, China, Mexico, and the U.S. as a recitalist and soloist with orchestras. He also is on demand as an adjudicator for piano competitions. He has won several piano competitions, and describes the kind of commitment required as not unlike preparing for a world-level sporting event. He is often complimented for being an expert on Russian music or a Bach or Beethoven expert. He continues to work with and prepare award winning students.
Ticket prices are Adults $30.00 advance sales; $35 at the door and Students $5.00
Tickets are available in Yreka at Liberty Arts, Nature’s Kitchen and Jupiter Salon. They are also available at Soul Connections in Mt. Shasta; and Etna Hardware and Sporting Goods..
Concert sponsors: Domenic & Joan Favero; Jim and Linda Scarff
Season sponsors: Dr. David Graham Family Foundation; Martha Tickle in Memory of Ron Tickle; Mechanics Bank; and Pacific Power Foundation.
For further information go to redscarfsociety.net
- Wild Horses Coevolved with Wildfire on The North American LandscapeScience and empirical experience suggest the proper management of wild horses benefits public lands, ranchers and mitigates wildfire Paleontological science and DNA studies have proven that all horses in the world originally evolved on the north American continent millions of years ago. About 1-million years ago, during the time there was a land bridge… Read more: Wild Horses Coevolved with Wildfire on The North American Landscape
- Various Cemetery District Vacancies terms ending in 2028Laura Bynum, Clerk of The Board of Supervisors announces that there are scheduled vacancies on various Cemetery Districts for terms ending January 3, 2028 as follows: Etna Cemetery – 2 vacancies Fort Jones Cemetery – 2 vacancies Happy Camp Cemetery – 2 vacancies Henley-Hornbrook Cemetery – 3 vacancies Lakeview Cemetery – 1 vacancy Picard Cemetery… Read more: Various Cemetery District Vacancies terms ending in 2028
- Siskiyou Land Trust invites you to an evening slideshow: “So Far… Nature Stories and Photos,” by Mount Shasta local Mike HuppThursday, December 77:00 PMMt Shasta Sisson Museum Join us on a visual journey with Mike Hupp as he shares his favorite images and rich natural history from the rivers and open spaces of the American west to the rainforests and rugged coast of Tasmania. Through his photographs, he’ll showcase starry night skies, sublime landscapes, and… Read more: Siskiyou Land Trust invites you to an evening slideshow: “So Far… Nature Stories and Photos,” by Mount Shasta local Mike Hupp
- Brenda Jean MoweryNovember 19, 1968 – November 20, 2023 Brenda Mowery Obituary 55 year old Yreka resident, Brenda Jean Mowery, passed away on November 20, 2023 at Fairchild Medical Center. Brenda was born November 19, 1968 in Oregon to Jim and Linda Carlson. Brenda worked for years as a migrant working, traveling constantly to wherever the work took her… Read more: Brenda Jean Mowery
- Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.April 23, 1944 – November 20, 2023 Robert Aubrey Sr. Obituary Lifelong Siskiyou County resident, Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr., passed away on November 20, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Robert was born on April 23, 1944 in Yreka. At age 15, he lied about his age in order to secure a job at a local lumber… Read more: Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.