CAL FIRE NEWS RELEASE
Yreka, CA –At approximately 9 A.M. on June 25, 2023, Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office, California Highway Patrol and CAL FIRE Law Enforcement Officers responded to a report of a large pole barn full of bailed hay that was fully involved in Macdoel. A witness told fire personnel of a suspicious individual who was seen fleeing from a second small fire in the area. A California Highway Patrol Officer was able to locate the vehicle being driven by the suspicious person seen at the second small fire. The officer then conducted a traffic stop and detained the suspect until Siskiyou County Sheriff Deputies and CAL FIRE Law Enforcement Officers arrived. CAL FIRE Law Enforcement Officers, in conjunction with Siskiyou County Sheriff Deputies, arrested Yang Meng, age 41 from Yreka, for causing the two fires. Meng was transported to the Siskiyou County Jail where he was booked on the following charges:
CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE: 451(c) -Felony
CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE: 451(d) – Felony
CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE: 453(a)- Felony
CAL FIRE Law Enforcement Officers work diligently to investigate all fires and apprehend those suspected of starting fires. All fire will continue to pose a major threat to life, property, and our state’s natural resources. CAL FIRE urges the public to be vigilant in their preparedness and aware of suspicious activity.
CAL FIRE would like to thank California Highway Patrol, Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office, Klamath National Forest as well as Butte Valley, Dorris and Pleasant Valley Fire Departments for their assistance.
#millfire Avery Theatre CDF&W CHSRA Copco District Attorney Dunsmuir Dunsmuir Elementary Dunsmuir Wildcats Easter Egg Hunt Etna EtnaCa FERC Forest Service Irongate Junior High Rodeo KCOC klamath Klamath National Forest klamath river Klamath River Dams KNF KRRC Main Street Homestead McCloud Montague Mount Shasta Mt Shasta obituary Rodeo Salmon Scott River Scott Valley Scott Valley Agriculture Water Alliance Siskiyou Siskiyou County Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors Siskiyou District Attorney Office Siskiyou Golden Fair Siskiyou Writers' Club USDA KNF weedca YPD Yreka YrekaCA
- Water rights reformers scored only a minor victory in the Legislatureby CalMatters, CalMatters Network September 17, 2023 A centerpiece of California’s perpetual political and legal wrangling over allocation of water is the complex array of rights that stretch back to the earliest years of statehood in the 19th century. Simply put, those who claimed water before 1914, when the state assumed legal control, have “senior … Read more
- Gavin Newsom signs law boosting minimum wage for fast-food workers. Is $20 enough?by CalMatters, CalMatters Network September 28, 2023 Stay up-to-date with free briefings on topics that matter to all Californians. Subscribe to CalMatters today for nonprofit news in your inbox. Earning $17 an hour at a Los Angeles Jack-in-the-Box, Anneisha Williams has struggled for years to keep up with rent and bills. The Inglewood native is … Read more
- 7 Million Cubic Yards of Dead Algae and Mud to be flushed out to Sea From PP&L DamsSo How Much Is One Million Cubic Yards? One Million Yards of litter from Californias Roadsides is enough to build two stacks of trash from the Earth’s surface to beyond the International Space Station, 250 miles in orbit. according to the Office of Governor. Here in Siskiyou, a county larger than Connecticut and Delaware with … Read more
- Fire Restrictions lifted on Klamath National ForestForest Service News Release Yreka, Calif., September 28, 2023— Recent weather conditions have lessened the fire danger on the Klamath National Forest, and fire restrictions will be lifted effective September 28, 2023 across the forest.Forest officials stress that the Northern California fire season is not over, and care and common sense must still be used … Read more
- GREAT LEADERSHIP IS THE KEY TO RETAINING GREAT PEOPLE The best way to strengthen your volunteer fire department is through excellent leadership! Learn the skills to help, recruit and retain the best people in your community. The highly interactive course will explore the dynamics of leadership and what the current fire service demands. Continental breakfast both days, lunch on day one included. This training is offered at … Read more