YREKA- The 2023 Mother’s Day Market applications are available online now for Saturday May 13 and Sunday May 14 at the Siskiyou Golden Fairgrounds. The market will fill acres of outdoor space and have something for everyone! We encourage all local small businesses to get a booth for both action- packed days. Included in this weekend are the NORCAL Invitational Chainsaw Carving Championships that will include champion carvers from around the country, live music on Saturday with the Siskiyou Rocks Festival and the Siskiyou Golden Jackpot that will have junior cattle exhibitors from across the Western States. With more than 5000 visitors to the grounds this weekend, it is the place to be!
Applications are online at www.sisqfair.com
For more information, contact the fair office at 842-2767
or [email protected].
The 2023 Siskiyou Golden Fair “Siskiyou Nights and Carnival Lights” will run August 9-13 in Yreka.
- Water rights reformers scored only a minor victory in the Legislatureby CalMatters, CalMatters Network September 17, 2023 A centerpiece of California’s perpetual political and legal wrangling over allocation of water is the complex array of rights that stretch back to the earliest years of statehood in the 19th century. Simply put, those who claimed water before 1914, when the state assumed legal control, have “senior … Read more
- Gavin Newsom signs law boosting minimum wage for fast-food workers. Is $20 enough?by CalMatters, CalMatters Network September 28, 2023 Stay up-to-date with free briefings on topics that matter to all Californians. Subscribe to CalMatters today for nonprofit news in your inbox. Earning $17 an hour at a Los Angeles Jack-in-the-Box, Anneisha Williams has struggled for years to keep up with rent and bills. The Inglewood native is … Read more
- 7 Million Cubic Yards of Dead Algae and Mud to be flushed out to Sea From PP&L DamsSo How Much Is One Million Cubic Yards? One Million Yards of litter from Californias Roadsides is enough to build two stacks of trash from the Earth’s surface to beyond the International Space Station, 250 miles in orbit. according to the Office of Governor. Here in Siskiyou, a county larger than Connecticut and Delaware with … Read more
- Fire Restrictions lifted on Klamath National ForestForest Service News Release Yreka, Calif., September 28, 2023— Recent weather conditions have lessened the fire danger on the Klamath National Forest, and fire restrictions will be lifted effective September 28, 2023 across the forest.Forest officials stress that the Northern California fire season is not over, and care and common sense must still be used … Read more
- GREAT LEADERSHIP IS THE KEY TO RETAINING GREAT PEOPLE The best way to strengthen your volunteer fire department is through excellent leadership! Learn the skills to help, recruit and retain the best people in your community. The highly interactive course will explore the dynamics of leadership and what the current fire service demands. Continental breakfast both days, lunch on day one included. This training is offered at … Read more