YREKA- The 2023 Mother’s Day Market applications are available online now for Saturday May 13 and Sunday May 14 at the Siskiyou Golden Fairgrounds. The market will fill acres of outdoor space and have something for everyone! We encourage all local small businesses to get a booth for both action- packed days. Included in this weekend are the NORCAL Invitational Chainsaw Carving Championships that will include champion carvers from around the country, live music on Saturday with the Siskiyou Rocks Festival and the Siskiyou Golden Jackpot that will have junior cattle exhibitors from across the Western States. With more than 5000 visitors to the grounds this weekend, it is the place to be!
Applications are online at www.sisqfair.com
For more information, contact the fair office at 842-2767
or [email protected].
The 2023 Siskiyou Golden Fair “Siskiyou Nights and Carnival Lights” will run August 9-13 in Yreka.
- McCloud’s Annual Mushroom Festival was a Big HitThe Mushroom Festival in McCloud over the Memorial Day weekend was the largest received in its history. There were 130 booths of mushrooms for sale, crafts, clothes, plants, artwork, trinkets, jewelry, all kinds of food, and so much more. There was wine tasting, live music, and a contest for the largest morel and boletus mushrooms […]
- Scholarships available for transportation students $1500 Applications Due June 15th, 2023FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEScholarships available for transportation students Attention future transportation employees: In 2023, the Caltrans District 2 Employee Scholarship Committee in cooperation with the California Transportation Foundation will award up to five scholarships of $1,500 to academic and vocational students pursuing a course of study related to transportation. Transportation related fields may include project management, […]
- Jeff Hamilton, Passed Away on May 4, 2023Dr. Jeff Hamilton was formerly superintendent of Etna High and Fort Jones school districts. The family moved from Fort Jones to Mariposa in ‘98. Photo and Obituary source Mariposa Gazette Beloved son, brother, devoted husband, loyal friend, dedicated father and proud grandpa, Jeff Hamilton, passed away on May 4, 2023, after a sudden illness. He […]
- Far East Meets West: Bridging the Gap Between Two Different CulturesToday I enjoyed a delicious lunch at Ming’s restaurant in Yreka with two distinguished gentlemen, Peter Thao of the Hmong-American Advisory Council of Siskiyou County, Inc. and Mike Grifantini of Siskiyou Historic Tours. I asked them both to help me bring Pacific Asian Heritage Month to Siskiyou County along with some East meets West history. […]
- Valley of DenialOpinion: Submitted Letter By Felice PaceKlamath, CA Three women who are closely associated with irrigated agriculture and groundwater extraction in the Scott River Valley recently published a white paper which essentially claims that Scott Valley Irrigators have been unjustly required to cut back groundwater extraction in order to help Scott River Coho salmon. In a […]