In recognition of the fact that Hornbrook Fire Protection District is under funded, under-staffed and nevertheless was on-scene at the Copco Lake mud pit, trying to save wildlife from a slow miserable death in the hazardous mud exposed by KRRC’s Klamath Dam removal project, the all volunteer nonprofit Wild Horse Fire Brigade has donated One-Thousand Dollars to the district fire department to acquire specialized equipment that will help in future rescues of people, wildlife and livestock, including wild horses from the deadly mud hazard that.
For more than a year, KRRC and RES have been indicting to County officials and local ranchers that they would erect barrier fences around deadly mud hazards to help keep animals out of the deadly mud hazard being created by their dam removal project.
In a Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday Jan. 23, 2024, the Board of Supervisors learned that KRRC and its contractors have just recently changed there minds, after the mud was exposed, and are rolling back on the fencing project, as well as reneging on the promise to provide alternative water troughs for wildlife and livestock to help prevent the animals from attempting to cross the mud hazards for drinking water.
- SISQ ARREST REPORT: February 13th – 19th, 2024The following Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department ARREST, BOOKINGS Report Contains:individuals who are innocent, until the State proves them guilty. Please respect their fundamental human and legal rights. Siskiyou County Arrest Report Statistics: Sheriff’s Office Leads in Bookings The Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office led other law enforcement agencies in total bookings from February 13 to February 19,… Read more: SISQ ARREST REPORT: February 13th – 19th, 2024
- Get Your Well TestedRecently, there have been indicators that suggest there are toxic heavy metals in the Klamath River. If you live on or close to the river, it may be prudent to get your well tested heavy metals and other contaminants as soon as possible. There are a couple labs that can do the work, one in… Read more: Get Your Well Tested
- The War in Ukraine: Main Stream vs Independent mediaOver the past couple of years, I have noticed that there is a distinct difference between the coverage of certain topics, when comparing the major networks to independent journalists and podcasters. The Russia-gate investigation, and then the Twitter Files, which exposed government censorship of social media, are two examples. The war in Ukraine is… Read more: The War in Ukraine: Main Stream vs Independent media
- 850,000 Chinook Salmon Fry Released Into Fall CreekOn Tuesday February 27, 2024 a rumor started circulating. My phone rang and the voice at the other end informed me that “about a million salmon fry were released into Fall Creek”, which empties into the Klamath River. I prefer facts over rumors, so I jumped into my truck and drove up to the shiny-new Fall… Read more: 850,000 Chinook Salmon Fry Released Into Fall Creek
- Winter Travel Advisory for February 29 – March 3, 2024 ***Caltrans District 2 New Facebook Page Caltrans – District 2 REDDING – The National Weather Service is forecasting a significant winter weather system for the Northern California area, starting Thursday and lasting through Sunday. Snow levels are currently forecast to start around 4,500 – 5,500 feet on Thursday and may lower to 1,000 feet or less… Read more: Winter Travel Advisory for February 29 – March 3, 2024