September 9th @ 7pm
The Red Scarf Society for the Performing Arts is happy to announce “The Everly Brothers Experience” featuring the Zmed Brothers on Saturday, September 9th at the Etna AveryTheater. The doors open at 7:00 pm; concert will begin at 7:30 pm. This will be a performance not to miss.
Since 2016, brothers Zachary and Dylan Zmed along with their partner and drummer Burleigh Drummond, have celebrated the pivotal music and history of The Everly Brothers legacy with enthusiastic crowds all across the US and over seas in prestigious venues. They say, “ The music of the 50’s and 60’s are nostalgic for us, our parents raised us all on it, and we feel that the Everly’s contribution is greatly overlooked, especially by younger generations. Our aim is not to impersonate but to do our best in honoring the aesthetics of their iconic sound and in honoring the important role they played in pioneering the rock n’ roll movement.”
The Everly brothers career lasted over half a century, they recorded 21 studio albums, sold more than 60 million records world wide, had over 30 billboard top -100 singles, which still to this day is the record for most billboard charting hits of any sibling rock duo ever, they received numerous accolades in their later career, and influenced countless legendary artists that came after them.
The 4 piece band consists of drums (Burleigh Drummond), electric guitar (rotating members), bass (rotating members), and the two singing brothers (Zachary and Dylan Zmed) up front with the signature Everly acoustic guitars.
Ticket prices are Adults $25.00 advance sales; $30 at the door and Students $5.00. They are available in Yreka at Liberty Arts, and Nature’s Kitchen.. They are also available at Soul Connections in Mt. Shasta and Etna Hardware & Sporting Goods.
Program sponsors are Dr. Louis and Amanda deRouchey, Norma Geyer, Ray Morgan Company, Lisa Nixon in Honor of John Nixon and Shasta Forest Products, Inc.
Season sponsors: Pacific Power Foundation, US Bank Foundation, Mechanics Bank, Best Western Miner’s Inn, Nancy Bacon in memory of Cathy Bacon, David Bacon in memory of Cathy Bacon, Martha Tickle (in memory of Ron Tickle).
For further information go to redscarfsociety.net
- Water rights reformers scored only a minor victory in the Legislatureby CalMatters, CalMatters Network September 17, 2023 A centerpiece of California’s perpetual political and legal wrangling over allocation of water is the complex array of rights that stretch back to the earliest years of statehood in the 19th century. Simply put, those who claimed water before 1914, when the state assumed legal control, have “senior … Read more
- Gavin Newsom signs law boosting minimum wage for fast-food workers. Is $20 enough?by CalMatters, CalMatters Network September 28, 2023 Stay up-to-date with free briefings on topics that matter to all Californians. Subscribe to CalMatters today for nonprofit news in your inbox. Earning $17 an hour at a Los Angeles Jack-in-the-Box, Anneisha Williams has struggled for years to keep up with rent and bills. The Inglewood native is … Read more
- 7 Million Cubic Yards of Dead Algae and Mud to be flushed out to Sea From PP&L DamsSo How Much Is One Million Cubic Yards? One Million Yards of litter from Californias Roadsides is enough to build two stacks of trash from the Earth’s surface to beyond the International Space Station, 250 miles in orbit. according to the Office of Governor. Here in Siskiyou, a county larger than Connecticut and Delaware with … Read more
- Fire Restrictions lifted on Klamath National ForestForest Service News Release Yreka, Calif., September 28, 2023— Recent weather conditions have lessened the fire danger on the Klamath National Forest, and fire restrictions will be lifted effective September 28, 2023 across the forest.Forest officials stress that the Northern California fire season is not over, and care and common sense must still be used … Read more
- GREAT LEADERSHIP IS THE KEY TO RETAINING GREAT PEOPLE The best way to strengthen your volunteer fire department is through excellent leadership! Learn the skills to help, recruit and retain the best people in your community. The highly interactive course will explore the dynamics of leadership and what the current fire service demands. Continental breakfast both days, lunch on day one included. This training is offered at … Read more