SEARCHING FOR EDUCATION DIRECTOR!
The Education Director is a vital role in Liberty Arts operations as a non-profit. Our education program is funded by generous grants and has been thriving for 15 years in Siskiyou County. The perfect person for this role would have a passion for working with children, making art, and be organized with good communications skills. This job is about 20 hours a week and flexible. The responsibilities include:
- Work with gallery curator to formulate a 45 to 60 minute education project based on the current exhibition.
- Create a schedule of classes combining gallery visit and hands-on project, then make a flyer for advertising the program to teachers.
- Send email invitations to schools using teacher contact list, and past participants.
- Monitor Liberty Arts email and create a schedule with the goal of serving 3 classes per week.
- Confirm with teachers how many participants will be attending.
- Develop a docent tour of the gallery adaptable to various age groups.
- Recruit and work with volunteers for the hands-on projects.
- Order and prepare supplies as needed (volunteers can do this).
- Chaperone students to the studio and provide hands-on demonstration.
- Assist students throughout project.
- Coordinate return of art projects with teacher.
If you are interested in this position please email your information and questions to: [email protected]
Or call us at 530.842.0222