Since its launch in 2000, Lights On Afterschool has been the only nationwide rally celebrating afterschool programs. Every year, more than 8,000 afterschool programs across the country draw 1 million people to join celebrations of the impact these programs have on children, families, and communities.
We couldn’t do it without you! Thank you for being a Lights On Afterschool partner!
Serving 1200 students in 20 sites, half the sites designated a Frontier School
*Frontier School is 11 students per square mile, less than 600 in a district.
Mission Statement: Siskiyou After School for Everyone (SAFE) Program offers academic support, quality expanded learning opportunities, and fitness promotion to Siskiyou County students in a positive and safe environment.
Vision Statement: Our goal is to facilitate a mindset to thrive, by fostering an enthusiastic, creative community of learners, and positively impacting the lives of Siskiyou County youth.
Glow Dance: Evergreen Elem. has 250 k-3rd students enrolled.
2nd Grader Eligah favorite part is being outside.
Bradley W. said he likes running around and Shofia L. like the snacks!
After School bond is stronger because of personal attention with students.Paul McCoy, Yreka City Council
Arriving at Delphic Elementary to meet with site coordinator Jake Njaa. Jake has been with Delphic since 2020 and likes the change of pace from mill work.
Next Stop is Grenada Wildcats with #190 truly wildcats…
Help Out – Grow – Learn – Making Better Little PeopleEma C. 6yrs old
S.A.F.E after school program was a real benefit to us when we were raising our family. The Structure and extra help with school work was a key in them becoming successful. Thank you to Director Kelly Smith, Program Specialist Lupe Valdez & Krysta Hughes, and Kelly Nakano, Secretary. Expanded Learning Siskiyou Afterschool For Everyone (SAFE) Program encourages parents, teachers, students, and the communities they live in, to share resources that benefit both the students and the community. Sites are operated from the end of each regular school day until 6 p.m. and offer a nutritious snack, homework assistance, academic enrichment and physical activities in a healthy, safe environment.
- Wild Horses Coevolved with Wildfire on The North American LandscapeScience and empirical experience suggest the proper management of wild horses benefits public lands, ranchers and mitigates wildfire Paleontological science and DNA studies have proven that all horses in the world originally evolved on the north American continent millions of years ago. About 1-million years ago, during the time there was a land bridge… Read more: Wild Horses Coevolved with Wildfire on The North American Landscape
- Various Cemetery District Vacancies terms ending in 2028Laura Bynum, Clerk of The Board of Supervisors announces that there are scheduled vacancies on various Cemetery Districts for terms ending January 3, 2028 as follows: Etna Cemetery – 2 vacancies Fort Jones Cemetery – 2 vacancies Happy Camp Cemetery – 2 vacancies Henley-Hornbrook Cemetery – 3 vacancies Lakeview Cemetery – 1 vacancy Picard Cemetery… Read more: Various Cemetery District Vacancies terms ending in 2028
- Siskiyou Land Trust invites you to an evening slideshow: “So Far… Nature Stories and Photos,” by Mount Shasta local Mike HuppThursday, December 77:00 PMMt Shasta Sisson Museum Join us on a visual journey with Mike Hupp as he shares his favorite images and rich natural history from the rivers and open spaces of the American west to the rainforests and rugged coast of Tasmania. Through his photographs, he’ll showcase starry night skies, sublime landscapes, and… Read more: Siskiyou Land Trust invites you to an evening slideshow: “So Far… Nature Stories and Photos,” by Mount Shasta local Mike Hupp
- Brenda Jean MoweryNovember 19, 1968 – November 20, 2023 Brenda Mowery Obituary 55 year old Yreka resident, Brenda Jean Mowery, passed away on November 20, 2023 at Fairchild Medical Center. Brenda was born November 19, 1968 in Oregon to Jim and Linda Carlson. Brenda worked for years as a migrant working, traveling constantly to wherever the work took her… Read more: Brenda Jean Mowery
- Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.April 23, 1944 – November 20, 2023 Robert Aubrey Sr. Obituary Lifelong Siskiyou County resident, Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr., passed away on November 20, 2023 at his home in Yreka. Robert was born on April 23, 1944 in Yreka. At age 15, he lied about his age in order to secure a job at a local lumber… Read more: Robert Eugene Aubrey Sr.